Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Something Different


While Bette and her sister Diane were touring the Northern Range, I was supporting a bit different type of class -- The Artistic Journal in Deep Winter. It turned out to be a lot of fun. The class started off with making your own journal. Stitching the binding was a challenge. But here is my journal.


The class included working indoors and outdoors with different media. Below are students sketching along the Lamar River. It was a balmy afternoon in the 40s.


The instructor, Eleanor Clark, had some great specimens you could work with. I found the pheasant feet to be quite attractive for some reason. Am I another Olaus Murie or what?


Well maybe not. Here is my memory drawing of coyote and bison in the Lamar Valley.


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the coyote best of all! Great action sketch - I bet he got that mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The journaling class sketched the otters. I was slacking off at the time. I will try to do one. Think wavy lines.

    ReplyDelete